Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Great News!

Yesterday was a trying day for me.  Yesterday was the day when the vet said she would have the pathology results from Willow’s tumour. Yesterday was the day I would learn the fate of my girl.  I started out positive and managed to keep myself busy, I reviewed the final draft of my book, a young adult paranormal romance novel, I washed clothes and hung them out, I vacuumed and brought in the washing, played with the girls, fed the chooks and then made the mistake of looking at the clock.

Bugger, its only 11:30; and then I thought that, she (Willow’s vet) should call soon. But the hours dragged by and I turned into the proverbial ‘cat on a hot tin roof’.  So…I practiced the art of positive thinking, but no matter how hard I tried, how hard I willed it to happen…the vet didn’t call to put me out of my misery.  My emotional state quickly deteriorated from apprehension, to tension to the inevitability of fearing the worst and still she didn’t call.  As I mentioned it was not a good day.

This morning however, the vet did call and the news was wonderful.  It was a Haemangioma Tumour, still benign, and has been completely removed. The vet took the tumour out whole and a good margin of tissue was also removed, the pathology showed that there were no infected cells around the edges of this tissue, so the chances of it spreading further are nil.  There is still a chance that it could re-appear, but no more so than the chance of cancer in you or me.  In other words it’s over to the big man upstairs…or fate.

After I hung up the phone, I cried, I laughed, I gave Willow a big hug, then Alba and then I gave them a biscuit and I cried some more. It is over, at least the worst is.

I will be taking Willow back to the vet on Monday when she will have her stitches removed, and another blood sample taken, the samples taken during the operation showed that she was border-line anaemic, hopefully that is no longer the case, and then life can go back to normal…until the next crisis raises its ugly head.

For all of you who helped me with my positive thinking, or who prayed, or sent good wishes…I want to send you my heart-felt thanks.
I am a photographer not a film maker but I hope you enjoy this short vid.

No comments:

Post a Comment